Emotion recognition has a key role in affective computing. People express emotions through different modalities. Expanding the focus to several expression forms can facilitate research on emotion recognition as well as human-machine interaction. This competition focuses on two important problems which are: (1) recognition of compound emotions, that require, in addition to performing an effective visual analysis, to deal with recognition of micro emotions. The database includes 31250 facial faces with different emotions of 115 subjects; (2) recognition of multimodal emotions composed of three modalities, namely, facial expressions, body movement and gestures, and speech.
Detailed competition schedule:
- 5th Nov, 2019: Beginning of the quantitative competition, release of development and data.
- 10th Feb, 2020: Deadline for code submission.
- 22nd Feb, 2020: Release of final evaluation data decryption key. Participants start predicting the results on the final evaluation data.
- 23rd Feb, 2020: Contest paper submission deadline.
- 26th Feb, 2020: Notification of paper acceptance.
- 28th Feb, 2020: Camera ready of contest papers.
- 4th March, 2020: End of the quantitative competition. Deadline for submitting the predictions over the final evaluation data. The organisers start the code verification by running it on the final evaluation data.
- 9th March, 2020: Deadline for submitting the fact sheets.
- 11th March, 2020: Release of the verification results to the participants for review. Participants are invited to follow the paper submission guide for submitting contest papers.
- 18-22 May, 2020: FG2020 – Joint Challenge on Compound Emotion Recognition and Multimodal (Audio, Facial and Gesture) based Emotion Recognition (CER&MMER) results and presentations.
- Gholamreza Anbarjafari
- Sergio Escalera
- Kamal Nasrollahi
- Thomas B. Moeslund
- Dorota Kiaminska
- Cagri Ozcinar
- Tomasz Spanski
- Juri Allik