FG2020 will host a demo session to give researchers and scientists from academia and industry the opportunity to showcase live demonstrations of their contributions and latest products. The demonstrations are intended to be interactive and display new algorithms, methods, technologies, and system prototypes.
We particularly invite researchers working in innovative startups or industrial Research & Development to submit their most recent technologies or even a work-in-progress prototype to further engage with the community. Demos from academic/research institutions are also welcome. The demonstrations are not limited to papers being presented at the conference, although demonstration of work published at FG2020 or its workshops is encouraged. The primary requirement is that the topic of the demo falls within the broad context of face and gesture recognition and their applications.
The participation in FG2020 is a great opportunity to showcase systems and technologies to a venue that attracts psychologists, computer and data scientists and practitioners. Demo presenters will benefit from the feedback of the most renowned scientists in the field. Some of them may be willing to be the beta testers.
- Live demos are required in this demo session. Other formats of demonstration such as video recordings or slide shows might be accepted only exceptional cases.
- At least one presenter for each demo must be registered for the conference.
- The displays of commercial products cannot be accepted as demos, but only as part of the exhibition program.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- One page abstract: The abstract should include (a) title, (b) authors and affiliations; (c) a brief background introduction and description of the system, (c) a summary of the technical contributions of the system, (d) results of a formal evaluation (if applicable) or an experiment to be conducted during the demo (if applicable).
- A URL link to a video recording or screen shots demonstrating how the system works.
- A detailed description of the technical setup and requirements for the demo.
Prospective demo participants should fill out a demo application form to upload their application in this link.
Each demonstration application will be reviewed and selected based on its scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, potential for widespread use and relevance to the topics of FG.
The demos will be included in the conference proceedings as one page abstracts, and will be considered for Best Demo Award, sponsored by FG2020.
- Application deadline: February 11th 2020
- Acceptance notification: February 18th 2020
- Camera-ready demo description (one page): March 5th, 2020
For further information about demos please contact FG2020 Demo & Exhibition chairs at email@example.com:
- Mohammad Mahoor, University of Denver
- Pablo Negri, Universidad de Buenos Aires